SAP HR (HCM) Questions
Here you will find sample SAP HR questions and mock tests for SAP HR certification that are relatively similar to the original exam. You should definitely use them during preparation for the certification, because it will help you to familiarize yourself with the exam format, test your knowledge, identify areas that require additional attention, and sometimes these sample questions are just a little bit similar to what you might encounter at the real exam.
SAP HR Questions for Certification
Before you read these sample questions, it is necessary to make one thing crystal clear: there is absolutely no way to get SAP HR questions that will appear at the actual certification. There are several reasons why it is not possible. First, no one has access to the bank of the certification questions because they are kept in the utmost secrecy. Second, the pool of questions that SAP has is so large that, even if someone could extract some questions from the secret database, the probability of getting these SAP HR questions at the exam is extremely low because the questions are randomly selected by a computer. Therefore, do not believe the people who try to sell you SAP HR (HCM) questions and promise that after studying them you will definitely pass SAP HR (HCM) certification.
During SAP HR certification you will be required to answer 80 multiple choice questions. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. It means that you should try to answer as many questions as possible even if you are not sure what is the correct answer. You will be given 180 minutes to complete the certification. The current passing score for SAP HR certification is around 61%.
Official SAP HR Certification Questions
SAP Education provides official practice questions for SAP HR Certification: SAP HR Certification Official Sample Questions. If the link does not work, try our mirror of SAP HR Certification Official Sample Questions.
Free SAP HR Certification Questions
Below are 80 sample questions for SAP HR certification. If you are preparing for the exam, try to answer these SAP HCM questions and see how many questions you could answer correctly. Here we also posted answers to these SAP HR questions and brief explanations for each of the questions.
Disclaimer: These sample SAP HCM questions are for self-evaluation purposes only and do not appear on the actual certification exams. Answering the sample questions correctly is no guarantee that you will pass the certification exam. However, it is a great way to prepare for the actual certification exams and helped many people to become certified SAP consultants.
In every SAP HR question, except ‘true or false’ questions, at least one or more answers can be correct.
SAP HR Questions about Personnel Administration Configuration
1. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding an employee group are correct.
a. An employee group can be used as an entity for authorization checks; b. An employee group can be used to generate default values for data entry, for example, for an employee’s basic pay or for the payroll accounting area; c. An employee group can be used for grouping the personnel by the personnel calculation rule; d. An employee group can be used as a selection criterion for reporting.
2. The organizational structure of a company includes a number of jobs and positions. Please indicate which of the following statements are true?
a. The employees of a company are assigned to jobs; b. Positions define concrete areas in the company that need to be covered by the available personnel; c. In SAP system, cost centers can be linked to jobs and/or positions; d. If a new position is linked to a job, it will automatically inherit the tasks and characteristics assigned to this job.
3. Which of the following statements are true regarding features?
a. An SAP system commonly uses features for determining default values; b. Features can be used to control processes in an SAP system. For instance, they can determine the sequence in which the system displays certain screens; c. Some features can generate automatic mail messages. The messages are triggered by changes in specific master data fields; d. Features always deliver default values directly.
4. What is the relationship between the Planned Working Time and the Basic Pay infotypes? Please select all correct answers.
a. Attendances and absences of employees can be calculated using the information from the Planned Working Time infotype; b. An SAP system takes the employment percentage from the Planned Working Time infotype and suggests it as a default value for the capacity utilization level in the Basic Pay infotype; c. The working hours per period from the Basic Pay infotype are used as a default input in the Planned Working Time infotype; d. An SAP system uses the data from the Planned Working Time infotype to simplify maintenance of the Basic Pay infotype.
5. Please indicate which of the following customizing steps should be performed in the IMG for setting up a wage type belonging to the wage type group ‘Basic Pay’.
a. Enterprise Structure for Wage Type Model; b. Create Wage Type Catalog; c. Define Valuation of Base Wage Types; d. Define Indirect Valuation for Positions; e. Employee Subgroups for Primary Wage Types.
6. When an SAP system suggests default wage types for the Basic Pay infotype it uses a decision tree. Which of the following levels does this decision tree have?
a. Personnel area, country grouping, company code, employee group, wage type; b. Company code, country grouping, personnel area, employee group, employee subgroup; c. Company code, country grouping, personnel area, pay scale type; d. Personnel area, country grouping, valuation attribute, employee group, employee subgroup.
7. What are the elements of a screen for maintaining infotype records? Please select the correct answers.
a. Attributes; b. Flow logic; c. Authorization checks; d. Layout; e. Field attributes.
8. In customizing the user interfaces for working with infotypes, what is the function of the header modifier?
a. The header modifier sets the replacement indicator; b. The header modifier defines the transaction class (A = Personnel Administration or B = Recruitment); c. The header modifier defines the structure of the screen header; d. The header modifier enables inclusion of company branding to the user interface.
9. When an infotype menu is not defined as user group dependent the infotype sequence can only be maintained for the user group 00 and will be valid for all users who select this menu. Please indicate if this statement is true or false.
a. True; b. False.
10. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding personnel actions are false.
a. The indicator U0302 defines whether a personnel action will be saved in the Additional Actions infotype; b. Certain personnel actions can be used to change the organizational assignment of an employee; c. The date field in personnel actions is only used to define be the start date of new records; d. The status indicator can help to maintain the customer-specific, employment, and special payment statuses in personnel actions.
11. SAP supports management of the global employment. Global employees can have several personnel assignments in different countries. Which of the following phases are included in the global employment procedure in SAP?
a. The global employment helps to select employees who are particularly suited for a global assignment; b. The global employment enables planning of a global assignment; c. The global employment helps with preparations for relocation; d. Transfer; e. Repatriation.
SAP HR Questions about Time and Attendance Management Configuration
12. What are the elements required for the generation of work schedules? Please select all valid answers.
a. Public holidays; b. Public holiday calendar; c. Break schedules; d. Holiday schedules; e. Daily work schedules; f. Rules for variants.
13. A period work schedule can cover one week or several weeks but not a part of a week. Please indicate if this statement is true or false.
a. True; b. False.
14. What are the possible ways in which part-time working provisions can be set up in an SAP system? Please identify all correct answers.
a. Using a separate work schedule rule for part-time employees; b. Using an increased allocation of holidays; c. Using an existing full-time work-schedule rule; d. Using a joint assignment of two (or more) employees to a single work schedule.
15. Which of the following items are defined in a counting rule for attendances/absences? Please select one or more answers.
a. Conditions that have to be fulfilled in order for this counting rule to be applied; b. Specifications that define how the payroll days and hours are calculated; c. Quota multipliers and rounding rules that are used in this calculation; d. Statistical handlers for accumulating the historical data.
16. Please indicate which of the following answers are the groupings for absence quota types?
a. Unit of time grouping; b. Negative deduction type grouping; c. An employee subgroup grouping; d. A personnel subarea grouping.
17. In a certain company, salaried employees are granted with 20 days of annual leave. On the other hand, hourly-wage earners are granted with 19 days of annual leave in the same company. How this distinction should be reflected in an SAP system?
a. It can be done using the RPTQTA00 report (Generate Absence Quotas); b. It can be done by assigning a different quota type selection rule group to the different employee subgroups (salaried employees, hourly-wage earners); c. It can be done by assigning different work schedules to these groups of employees; d. It can be done by assigning different holiday schedules to these groups of employees.
18. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding the base entitlements and the accrual entitlements for absence quotas are correct?
a. The base entitlement acts as a theoretical value and used in calculation of the accrual entitlement; b. The base entitlements and the accrual entitlements cannot be identical; c. The accrual period can be set up based on collective agreements or legal provisions; d. The accrual entitlement represents the absence entitlement calculated for an accrual period.
19. What are the possible options for maintaining time data directly in the infotypes?
a. Single screen option. One infotype record for one employee is maintained; b. Fast entry option. One infotype record is maintained for several employees at one time; c. List entry option. Several infotype records are maintained for one employee; d. Multiple screens option. Several infotype records are maintained for several employees at one time.
20. Please indicate which of the following statements about day dominants in the Time Manager’s Workplace are not correct?
a. Day dominants are used to represent the most important information that applies to a particular day; b. Examples of day dominants are full-day attendances or full-day absences; c. Day dominants are not available for use in the Multi-Person view of the Time Manager’s Workplace; d. Day dominants always represent the information that applies to an entire day.
21. Please indicate if the following statement regarding time data IDs in the Time Manager’s Workplace is true or false. Time data IDs need to be uniformly defined in an enterprise and be the same for different areas of the enterprise.
a. True; b. False.
22. Which of the following screen areas can be customized in the Time Manager’s Workplace?
a. Employee data; b. Menu design; c. Detail view; d. Message processing; e. Employee list.
SAP HCM Questions about Personnel Master Data
23. New personnel actions can be set up using a number of steps. Please indicate which of the following steps are used in the process of setting up a new personnel action.
a. Store action reasons; b. Define employee statuses corresponding to the new personnel action; c. Define infotypes and their sequence (infogroup); d. Include the new personnel action in HR master data menu (action menu); e. Define characteristics of the personnel action.
24. Please determine if the following statement is correct. When an employee leaves the company his or her personnel number cannot be deleted.
a. True; b. False.
25. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding wage types are true.
a. Wage groups have to be assigned to a wage type; b. Wage types have to be assigned to a wage group; c. Only those wage types that were assigned to a wage group can be maintained in the Implementation Guide (IMG); d. Only those wage groups that were assigned to a wage type can be maintained in the Implementation Guide (IMG).
26. Wage types can have a variety of characteristics in SAP. Which of the following items are not characteristics of wage types?
a. Validity period; b. Operation indicator; c. Default units of time/measurement; d. The basic infotype; e. Minimum and maximum wage type amount.
27. In an SAP system, it is possible to set permissibility of infotypes per countries. Is it possible to set permissibility of subtypes for an infotype per countries?
a. Yes, but a country-dependent subtype indicator has to be set for this infotype; b. No, it is not possible; c. Yes, it is possible without fulfilling any specific conditions.
28. Please indicate if the following statement is true or false. When you enter data about an employee’s children in the Family infotype (0021) an SAP system automatically checks whether the number of the children matches the data in the Personal Data infotype (0002). If the number specified in both infotypes is not the same, the SAP system will display a warning message.
a. True; b. False.
29. Which of the following statements are true for BOTH pay scale types and pay scale areas?
a. They are two-character keys that are defined in an SAP system for each geographical region; b. They have to be maintained when an SAP system is being set up; c. They represent a geographical region to which collective agreements apply; d. They can be assigned to various personnel subareas using the Implementation Guide (IMG).
30. For which of the following infotypes an SAP system can perform indirect valuation?
a. Planned Working Time (0007); b. Recurring Payments/Deductions (0014); c. Additional Payments (0015); d. Basic Pay (0008).
SAP HR Questions about SAP HCM Business Processes
31. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding the two-level concept for entry of applicants’ data are true.
a. The first level of data recording is mandatory for all applicants; b. The second level of data recording is mandatory for all applicants; c. The second level of an applicant’s data includes such information as education, qualifications, and previous employment; d. None of the above statements are true.
32. When an applicant interacts with a company regarding one or several vacancies, the SAP system maintains the applicant status. This status helps to track the progress of the applicant. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding the applicant status are correct.
a. The applicant status indicates the current status of the applicant (for example, processing, on hold or invite) in the global selection procedure for the company; b. The applicant status indicates the current status of the applicant in relation to a specific vacancy; c. Each applicant has several applicant statuses. There is an overall applicant status in the global selection procedure of the company and multiple applicant statuses related to various vacancies; d. None of the above statements are true.
33. Where does an SAP system normally store working schedules of employees?
a. In the Normal Working Time infotype; b. In the Planned Working Time infotype; c. In the Regular Working Time infotype; d. In the Optional Working Time infotype.
34. What is the primary function of profile matchups in SAP HCM?
a. They help HR managers to compare different candidates for the same job; b. They are used to store special information about profiles of candidates; c. They enable grouping of applicants according to their qualifications and skills; d. They enable performing comparisons between qualifications and requirements of persons, positions, and jobs.
35. What are the four main processes of Training and Event Management component in SAP HCM? Please select all four of them.
a. Business event preparation; b. Maintenance of business events catalog; c. Evaluations and certifications; d. Day-to-day activities; e. Recurring activities.
36. Please indicate which of the following elements are not used for setting up the business events catalog.
a. Business event types; b. Business event groups; c. Business events; d. Business event classes.
37. Please indicate if the following statement regarding the appraisal process in SAP HCM is true of false. Upon completion of the appraisal process, an SAP system stores the result of the appraisal in a historical record and the results cannot be changed anymore.
a. True; b. False.
SAP HCM Questions about Time and Attendance Management
38. What are the possible types of public holidays in an SAP system? Please mark all correct answers.
a. Fixed date; b. Specific number of dates in relation to the Easter; c. Specific weekday; d. Without a fixed date.
39. Specifications of work schedules are stored at three levels in an SAP system. What are these levels?
a. The daily level; b. The weekly level; c. The monthly level; d. The yearly level.
40. Different types of breaks can be defined in SAP Time Management. Breaks are grouped in break schedules and assigned to daily work schedules. What are the available types of breaks in an SAP system?
a. Fixed breaks; b. Optional breaks; c. Variable breaks; d. Dynamic breaks; e. Overtime breaks.
41. What are the characteristics that an SAP system takes into account for determining daily work schedule variants?
a. Public holiday class of the current day; b. Public holiday class of the following day; c. Day of the week of the current day; d. Day of the week of the following day; e. Public holiday type of the current day.
42. Which substitution type is recommended for recording changes to planned working time that cannot be represented in daily work schedules or work schedules?
a. New work schedule rule; b. Individual working time; c. Different payment; d. New daily work schedule.
43. When time data is entered into an SAP system there can be situations when data records overlap one another. These situations are called collisions. Which of the following statements regarding collisions are false?
a. When a collision occurs the system can react by issuing an error message; b. When a collision occurs the system can react by issuing a warning message; c. When a collision occurs the system can react by shifting the new record; d. When a collision occurs the system can react by delimiting the old record.
44. The duration of attendances or absences can be calculated using different time units in an SAP system. What are these units?
a. Attendance/absence days; b. Calendar days; c. Attendance/absence hours; d. Payroll hours; e. Working days; f. Payroll days.
45. Please indicate if the following statement is true or false. Deduction rules for absence quotas depend on the personnel subarea grouping for time quotas and the employee subgroup grouping for time quotas.
a. True; b. False.
SAP HR Questions about Personnel Administration
46. SAP HCM is integrated with Business Information Warehouse (BW). BW includes Business Content (such as extractors, InfoCubes, and queries) for several areas of SAP HCM. What are these areas?
a. Personnel administration; b. Payroll; c. Organizational management; d. Compensation management; e. Recruitment.
47. What are the two primary steps of calculating remuneration for employees?
a. Calculation of remuneration elements (gross amount); b. Selection of a bank account; c. Generation of a remuneration statement; d. Application of statuary and voluntary deductions.
48. What are the functions of Personnel Cost Planning?
a. It can help to transfer the current payroll results to Financial Accounting and Controlling modules; b. It can help to perform headcount planning; c. In can supply generated cost plans to SAP BW; d. It can help to perform decentralized planning.
49. Please indicate which of the following items are controlled by a payroll control record?
a. It defines the earliest retroactive accounting period for a payroll area; b. It determines the exact date of the current payroll period; c. It groups the personnel numbers to be accounted in the same period; d. It locks master data and time data during a payroll run to prevent inconsistencies in the database.
50. Human Capital Management (HCM) requires a representation of your company in an SAP system. What are the key organizational hierarchies that HCM employs?
a. Enterprise structure; b. Company structure; c. Personnel structure; d. Organizational structure.
51. Please indicate which of the following methods are valid ways of entering an employee’s working time in an SAP system?
a. Front-end time recording systems; b. Online by time administrators; c. With SAP Cross-Application Time Sheet (CATS); d. Using customer systems with an interface to the SAP system.
52. What are the control indicators in Time Management determined by a personnel subarea?
a. Work schedule; b. Time quotas; c. Attendance and absence types; d. Time recording; e. Working relationship in the enterprise.
53. What is the correct order of SAP implementation steps according to The Implementation Guide?
a. Payroll, personnel management, personnel time management, training and event management; b. Personnel management, personnel time management, payroll, training and event management; c. Payroll, personnel management, training and event management, personnel time management; d. Personnel time management, payroll, personnel management, training and event management.
SAP HCM Questions about Organizational Management Configuration
54. An organizational plan of a company can consist of various object types but there are five basic ones. What are they?
a. Person (object type S); b. Job (object type C); c. Department (object type L); d. Cost center (object type K); e. Organizational unit (object type O); f. Position (object type S).
55. Please indicate if the following statement is true or false. Positions are concrete and can be occupied by employees. One position may be filled by only one person or by several people at the same time.
a. True; b. False.
56. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding organizational plan versions are correct.
a. Plan versions enable you to depict alternative organizational plans in an SAP system; b. Only one plan version can be integrated; c. More than one plan versions can be integrated; d. You can use plan versions to simulate and compare different scenarios.
57. What are the possible statuses of a plan assigned to an infotype record?
a. Planned; b. Submitted; c. Approved; d. Rejected; e. In progress; f. Active.
58. Which of the following statements regarding the Obsolete infotype are correct?
a. An SAP system always responds with an error message when users try to assign a person to an obsolete position; b. The Obsolete infotype is used to flag positions that are no longer used but are still occupied; c. The Obsolete infotype is used to flag positions that are no longer used and are not occupied; d. The Obsolete indicator prevents position from being marked as vacant.
59. The Quota Planning infotype enables planning of the headcount. The planning can be based on which of the following items?
a. Two previous plans; b. A previous plan; c. The current number of positions in an organizational unit; d. The current number of jobs in an organizational unit.
60. An action is a series of infotypes that are presented for editing in a specific sequence. Each sub-step of an action involves processing of an individual infotype. What have to be assigned to each sub-step of an action?
a. A status; b. A department; c. A plan version; d. An infotype or subtype; e. An object type.
61. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding objects relationships in the Organizational Managements are correct.
a. Objects are linked through relationships; b. Several linked objects can represent a structure; c. The relationships between the standard object types are defined in the standard configuration of SAP and should be changed according to the requirements of a particular company; d. There are different types of relationships that vary according to types of connections between objects.
62. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding positions and jobs are correct.
a. A position may be described by several jobs; b. When a position is described by a job it inherits some characteristics of the job (for instance, associated qualifications or tasks); c. A job may describe several positions; d. A job may describe only one position.
63. Which of the following objects can be used for displaying structures on the General Structures interface?
a. An evaluation path; b. A start object; c. A validity period; d. A relationship type.
64. What is a prerequisite for using the Manager’s Desktop?
a. Integration with Personnel Administration; b. A personnel plan of a company; c. A correct assignment of cost centers; d. Organizational plan of a company.
SAP HR Questions about Organizational Management
65. Please indicate which of the following elements are the prerequisites of processing payroll in an SAP system?
a. Dialog and time wage types; b. Personnel actions; c. Work schedules; d. Payroll areas and periods; e. Infotypes 0000, 0001, 0002, 0006, 0007, 0008, 0009 and country-specific infotypes (such as tax).
66. What are the functions that the payroll control area performs? Please select all correct answers.
a. Defines the earliest possible retroactive accounting date for each payroll area; b. Defines the payroll past for retroactive accounting recognition; c. Disables changes affecting future payroll runs; d. Locks master data and time data so that no changes can be made during the payroll process.
67. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding a payroll process are false.
a. A simulation run is used to check results; b. It is possible to correct the results of a payroll run and execute a correction run; c. It is possible to check error messages in the payroll log tree structure; d. When a payroll is released it prevents changes to the present and future data.
68. Please indicate which of the following steps are included in the sequence for calculating averages?
a. Perform a valuation of wage types; b. Retrieve average bases; c. Perform a relevancy test for each period; d. Calculate the average basis from the relevant previous periods.
69. Please indicate which of the following structures is defined as follows. This structure represents assignments of positions to organizational units and the relationships between positions and persons.
a. The organizational structure; b. The staff assignments structure; c. The reporting structure; d. The management structure.
70. In SAP HCM, certain infotypes can be maintained for any object type. Others are only relevant for specific object types. Please indicate which of the following infotypes can be maintained for any object type.
a. The Character infotype; b. The Object infotype; c. The Relationships infotype; d. The Vacancy infotype.
71. Which of the following items have to be maintained when creating a new object using the Object infotype?
a. Status; b. Description; c. Validity period of the object; d. Name; e. Object abbreviation.
72. Please indicate which of the following attributes belong to the Planned Compensation infotype?
a. Direct; b. Pay scale; c. Salary; d. Bonus.
SAP HCM Questions about Reporting and Analytics
73. What are the two types of reporting that exist in SAP HCM?
a. Parallel; b. Historical; c. Structural; d. Sequential.
74. Before executing a report it is possible to set up Structure Parameters. One of these parameters is Status vector. What does this parameter control?
a. It determines whether the SAP system will check the relationships between objects for recursion; b. It determines the number of levels of the organizational structure that will be displayed; c. It determines which selected objects are going to be read according to the status of their relationships; d. It constrains the report to a specific evaluation path.
75. Which standard report in SAP HCM can be used to list all existing objects according to their type and ID?
a. Structure Navigation Instrument; b. Existing Objects; c. Structure Display/Maintenance; d. Structural Graphics Interface.
76. It is possible to define which employees will be involved into the integration between the Organizational Management and the Personnel Administration. This is performed using the PLOGI feature. Please indicate which of the following groupings can be used to group employees using the PLOGI feature.
a. Company code; b. Country grouping; c. Personnel area; d. Personnel subarea.
77. What functions does SAP Query perform for reporting in SAP HCM?
a. Definition of reports; b. Creation of infosets; c. Definition of business events hierarchy; d. Creation of user groups; e. Assignment of InfoSets to the user groups.
78. Please indicate which of the following items are the main components of the Business Information Warehouse?
a. The Business Explorer; b. The Data Warehousing Workbench; c. The Business Information Engine; d. The Business Information Warehouse Server.
79. Logical databases are special ABAP programs that supply data for processing by queries or programs. What tasks can be performed by logical databases?
a. Query composition; b. Data retrieval; c. Selection screen; d. Authorization check.
80. Please indicate which of the following statements regarding SAP Ad Hoc Query are correct.
a. Programming skills are required to use SAP Ad Hoc query; b. Ad Hoc Query is a tool that enables creation of reports on HR master data; c. Ad Hoc Query cannot select data directly from the database but needs to use a logical proxy; d. Ad Hoc Query is a tool that enables creation of reports on data from Personnel Planning.
Answers and Explanations for SAP HR Questions
For seeing answers and explanations for 80 SAP HR questions published above, please visit this page: Answers to SAP HR Questions.